Friday, June 3, 2011

The Final Countdown

So this is it, I am no longer counting down weeks or days but hours. In a mere 13 hours I will be boarding a plane for Atlanta, Georgia and then from there Austin. I will be in Austin tomorrow. I cannot believe it. This semester has gone so fast! I've feel like it has just flown by and I've just been watching it. If feels like I was just in Ireland last week but that was a month ago. Last week my friend Molly from Texas was here visiting. We went to London, saw Phantom of the Opera, went on the Eye, and took a ton of pictures of Big Ben. Then she came here and I showed her around Bangor. Not too long ago our group saw our last castle, Penrhyn. These people, for the last five months, have been my friends and family and it is going to be so weird not seeing them every day. It will also be weird jumping from 55 degrees to an ungodly 97 degrees. I'll miss the people and the mountains. The green grass and the ocean. I'll miss public transportation. I am glad to be going home, but I am sad at the same time because this place has come to feel like a home to me. So with sorrow in my heart I say goodbye and remember all of the great times I've had here. It truly has been the experience of a life time and I am so grateful I was able to come. Nanny and Papa, thank you so much because I would not have been able to do this with out you. Goodbye, Wales. Texas... get ready.






1 comment:

  1. Haha! I love the picture of Tecwyn! You should send it to me. I hope you arrive home safely! I miss you so much already.

    ReplyDelete